I love my new puppy so much, but I have to admit that it's not easy living with a terrorist. Yoko's motto seems to be "The World is My Chew Toy!". Or sandbox, as the case may be. While she is doing very well with her crate training, she needs constant supervision when loose in the house or you will get a nasty surprise in one form or another. After fifty or more years of labradors, I know that this will pass, but it hasn't yet.
I considered getting a trainer for the few weeks we're going to be in Kentucky, but have decided to wait until I have a more extended time in Michigan. We're working on improving the house breaking and the leash walking. She's making progress in both these areas. And we started today, with Jay Hancox's help, in stopping her jumping on new arrivals. She seems to get it and I have great hopes.
I'm very fortunate to have three weeks with little else on my calendar in which I can begin to work with her. She's smart and wants to please. I hope I can live up to her expectations!

No comments:
Post a Comment