Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wicked

As you can see, I'm back on blogspot. We're having serious issues with the SQL database over at almostparadis. Mike has promised to look into it this week.

Anyway, I finally saw Wicked on Saturday afternoon with the Grays and Breitweisers. It was a first class production of a decent musical, but it left me a little disappointed. I admit that I have strong opinions on musicals: I like Tim Rice's writing and anyone who he will collaborate with on music. I find the combinations will produce memorable songs. Frankly, I don't think Wicked measures up to that standard. It tells a story (not very much like the book, by the way) well, but I never grabbed a hold of a song and took it to heart. There were several times I wanted to, but the music and lyrics never measured up.

It was enjoyable anyway and I'm looking forward to seeing it again next year when it finally comes to Louisville.

No comments: